The talk Economic Development in Ponce and the South “New Dawn” was presented on April, 28 at the Ponce Port.The presentation was given by Mr. Jean Paul González Santini, Director of the Office of Economic Development of the Municipality of Ponce. The members of the Board of Directors, partners and clients of Zona Libre del Sur attended to the event.
Last Friday, October 18, 2019, the 30th anniversary of CODEZOL, C.D. was celebrated, at the Fusion Restaurant in Ponce. In the activity, the history of the Southern Free Zone was reviewed, as well as its achievements, challenges and the next projects were announced. The attorney Johnny Fernández was the host of this activity. We thank all Codezol employees, customers, partners and friends who came together to share in such an important historical moment.
On November 1, 2017 in the city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife – Spain, the General Assembly of AZFA resolved:
- Whereas: The island of Puerto Rico has suffered the onslaught of a category 5 hurricane, leaving many residential areas and part of its economic infrastructure devastated.
- Whereas: Our partner CODEZOL operates a free zone in the south of Puerto Rico.
- Whereas: Any action that can be taken to achieve the economic restoration of Puerto Rico as soon as possible is urgent.
- Whereas: The international prestige of AZFA is useful to publicize our situation and the opportunities that arise due to the massive incentives that the United States government has approved for this purpose, which include tax and tariff exemptions that facilitate the introduction of new products. of all kinds in your market. Therefore: Solve like this:
1. Approve an official statement by our organization in support of the Government of Puerto Rico in its actions to promote the recovery of the Puerto Rican economy.
2. To exhort the partners of our organization to disclose among their clients the opportunities that exist for new businesses in Puerto Rico, as an ideal bridge to enter the United States market.
3. Our associate CODEZOL is available to collaborate in the disclosure of information and the necessary procedures for any project that is required to be developed in Puerto Rico.